Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm all about the details

I think the term 'handmade' comes with a lot of negative connotations....loose threads, uneven stitches, bad overall quality. I have never been a fan of poorly made clothes, even if they are home-made, and of the 'thought that counts' variety. Since the dawn of my sewing career, mid-highschool, I have been detail oriented and driven to perfection. 

Currently, I am mastering hoodies. The latest crop is amazing. I can't wait to see how my future items turn out. Using little tricks like binding the hood/neck with ribbing, lining the zipper & hood, serging everything and even adding a tag is what makes my hoodies fabulous. 

The final product is nothing short of what I would want for myself. Enjoy the close ups!

2 comments:

  1. Your hoodies are definitely rocking these days! Keep it up, Lady! I can't wait until I'm sporting one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks honey! in the words of brian adams: "everything I do, I do it for you"

    "you know its true"

    he he

    ReplyDelete